Friday, May 27, 2011

Packing

So today began the packing extravaganza in preparation for spending a month in Moscow.  I’m going to be gone for a month and I feel this need to pack for every possible scenario.  I’ll be in acting classes and dance classes, walking 30 minutes back and forth between the dorm, going to the theatre almost every night.  I need normal clothes, workout clothes, theatre-going clothes.  I need walking shoes, dance shoes and dressy shoes.  I need to bring cold and headache meds that I can’t necessarily get hold of in Russia.  I need my computer and my camera.  I’m bringing breakfast bars for those times when there just isn’t a vegetarian option.  I’ve got all the plug adapters.  Shampoo, toothpaste, etc., etc., etc… it feels like there’s always something else to stick into the suitcase.  I don’t want to over pack, I don’t want to have too much to carry, but I don’t want to be missing something important.  It’s going to make my head explode.  Of course, the most helpful part of this process is when my cat, freaking out about the presence of a suitcase, sits on top of it, in it and around it at every possible opportunity.  And she won’t just jump off when I go to open the lid.  She sits there until it is physically impossible for her to do so anymore.  I explain to her that she won’t be going anywhere, but (since she’s a cat) this doesn’t seem to provide any solace.  This was the most boring blog post ever.  Oh yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment